Donjoy Knee Braces
Extreme weather conditions, high-speed descents and the long lever point on skis can all combine to place a large amount of pressure on skiers’ knees. Using a DonJoy Knee Brace for skiing will help the knee to contain these extreme internal forces and protect the ligaments. A DonJoy Brace works to reduce the pressure on the knee during high energy sports and cases of knee osteoarthritis. Our DonJoy Knee Brace range off-loads the medial or lateral compartments within the knee with load adjustment technology so you can alter your brace to our personal requirements.
Our DonJoy Knee Brace range includes:
The FourcePoint DonJoy Knee Brace:
- The new Armor FourcePoint™ design combines a strong lightweight aircraft quality aluminium frame and the first low profile FourcePoint™ hinge with a protective steel outer plate.
- By combining 2 patented DonJoy technologies, the 4-Points-of-Leverage™ and FourcePoint™ hinge technology, the new Armor FourcePoint™ provides one of the most powerful clinically-proven solutions to protect the ACL.
- The Lo Pro Hinge with Steel Outer Plate is the thinnest yet toughest hinge available, able to withstand the impacts of contact or extreme sports and the 4-Points-of-Leverage™ System significantly reduces strain on the ACL.
- The DonJoy Low Profile FourcePoint™ Hinge dampens knee extension by decelerating the limb and causing increased flexion angle, thus reducing time spent in full extension or in the “at risk” angle range.
The OA Nano DonJoy Brace:
- For unicompartment osteoarthritis of the knee.
- The OA Nano uses material science with innovation to create high-tech functional comfort in a lightweight design. The flexibility of the magnesium frame allows for an intimate fit while the revolutionary Nano MAG material provides strength to off-load and provide pain relief. OA Nano, for mild to moderate knee osteoarthritis (OA), is designed for people to stay active and move freely, making patient compliance a reality.
- Revolutionary in weight and profile, OA Nano™ offers industry-leading high-tech comfort and pain relief, ensuring that patients will benefit from the advanced technologies available within this safe, non-invasive treatment option.
- Patients with knee osteoarthritis today have the opportunity to treat their pain and stabilize their knees with non-invasive, non-addictive treatment options. With the launch of OA Nano™, the world’s lightest* knee brace at 400 grams, OA patients can take advantage of the same technology used by the world class athletes DonJoy is known for treating.
OA Nano is intended for mild to moderate unicompartment osteoarthritis. Many adults age 25 and older have Osteoarthritis (OA), a number expected to increase with longer life expectancies, the obesity epidemic and the approaching wave of baby boomers reaching retirement age.
Supporting this prediction, nearly one in two people may develop symptomatic knee OA by age 85 and half of all adults will develop symptomatic OA of the knee at some point in their lives.
- By 2030, a projected 67 million people will have doctor-diagnosed arthritis.
- Two of every three obese adults are at risk of developing OA.
If you think you require a DonJoy Knee Brace, we can arrange a consultation to discuss your needs in detail and determine your individual requirements. The consultation includes:
- A consideration of the DonJoy Knee Braces range and recommendation of a brace which fits your personal circumstances.
- Advice and information on how your DonJoy Knee Brace will protect you.
- Measurement and fitting of the brace to ensure optimum comfort and effective treatment.
- Instruction on how to use your brace, look after it and prolong its lifespan.