Osteoarthritis Knee Treatment
TiM Osteoarthritis Knee Treatment begins with a diagnosis. Our knee specialists will ask about your symptoms, medical history and perform a knee examination. This will include:
- Taking a history of the injury and its progression.
- Test all the ligaments.
- Consider the different braces in our treatment range and recommend a knee brace which fits your personal circumstances.
- Give you advice and information on how your knee brace will protect and repair the injury.
- Measure and fit the brace to ensure optimum comfort and effective treatment.
Instruct you on how to use your brace, look after it and prolong its lifespan.
Many people who suffer from the condition take tablets, undergo injections or surgery in an attempt to alleviate their symptoms. We believe using a knee brace is the most effective Osteoarthritis Knee Treatment as it is less invasive and often less expensive than the other treatments available. It also simple and safe to use and clinically proven to work.
Unfortunately there is currently no cure for this condition however the Knee Osteoarthritis Treatment option we offer alleviates pain and discomfort and allow you to stay mobile and perform daily tasks and activities with ease. Knee braces are becoming the most popular treatment method as more evidence to support their use in osteoarthritis is emerging.
Technology in Motion have a long and successful history with Össur, a company which offer solutions to enhance the quality of life and mobility for people living with osteoarthritis. An Össur osteoarthritis knee brace is a conservative treatment option that does not require surgery.
Össur manufacture the Unloader One® Knee Brace which is widely regarded as the best Knee Osteoarthritis Treatment brace. The Unloader One® offers an affordable and effective treatment for the symptoms of osteoarthritis by unloading the side of the knee affected by osteoarthritis. A gentle force is applied to lift the affected bone away from the surface, which is causing the discomfort, resulting in a pain reduction and an increase in mobility.
The Unloader One® is lightweight and unobtrusive, and combines a streamlined, flexible upright with Dual Dynamic Force Straps to generate more unloading leverage than any Unloader to date.
The OA Nano DonJoy Brace:
- For unicompartment osteoarthritis of the knee.
- The OA Nano uses material science with innovation to create high-tech functional comfort in a lightweight design. The flexibility of the magnesium frame allows for an intimate fit while the revolutionary Nano MAG material provides strength to off-load and provide pain relief. OA Nano, for mild to moderate knee osteoarthritis (OA), is designed for people to stay active and move freely, making patient compliance a reality.
- Revolutionary in weight and profile, OA Nano™ offers industry-leading high-tech comfort and pain relief, ensuring that patients will benefit from the advanced technologies available within this safe, non-invasive treatment option.
- Patients with knee osteoarthritis today have the opportunity to treat their pain and stabilize their knees with non-invasive, non-addictive treatment options. With the launch of OA Nano™, the world’s lightest* knee brace at 400 grams, OA patients can take advantage of the same technology used by the world class athletes DonJoy is known for treating.
OA Nano is intended for mild to moderate unicompartment osteoarthritis. Many adults age 25 and older have Osteoarthritis (OA), a number expected to increase with longer life expectancies, the obesity epidemic and the approaching wave of baby boomers reaching retirement age.
Supporting this prediction, nearly one in two people may develop symptomatic knee OA by age 85 and half of all adults will develop symptomatic OA of the knee at some point in their lives.
- By 2030, a projected 67 million people will have doctor-diagnosed arthritis.
- Two of every three obese adults are at risk of developing OA.